We're looking for a keen and sharp-eyed Actuarial Student to join the Boal & Co actuarial team.
Boal & Co is a company of Actuaries and Consultants, working with both life insurance and specialising in the trusteeship and administration of pension schemes.
Your responsibilities would be:
- Providing actuarial support and calculations for the pensions administration teams
- Assisting with the valuation of the liabilities of defined-benefit pension schemes
- Assisting with the Risk-Based Capital reporting requirements of life insurance companies
- Producing reports and assisting with various other projects
This role would be suitable for a graduate or part-qualified actuarial student and is a unique opportunity to get involved with both life insurance and pensions on the Isle of Man.
The successful candidate should:
- Have obtained a degree within a numerate subject or be able to demonstrate high numerical and analytical skills through relevant work experience.
- Be computer fluent. The role will involve performing calculations and building financial models using computers. To do this efficiently and robustly the candidate needs to understand the capabilities of computers and have a desire to harness them. As technology evolves, the candidate should be capable of imagining new methods to improve models and processes.
- Be strongly committed and motivated to completing the Actuarial exams. We offer a generous actuarial study scheme which will include study days out of the office. Whilst the candidate will receive guidance from their mentor at Boal & Co, actuarial qualifications are largely self-study.
- Be self-motivated and organised with excellent time-management skills as the candidate will be responsible for managing various pieces of work and must ensure it is delivered on time.
- The candidate should be diligent with a high attention to detail; work will be complex and its outcome will often affect individuals. A meticulous approach is needed to notice the nuances of individual calculations and ensure that they understand their work as a whole.
- Be able to communicate their findings confidently and concisely to a variety of audiences and have strong interpersonal skills.
Boal & Co are situated in modern offices in the Isle of Man Business Park which means we’re easy to get to and have plenty of parking. The Isle of Man Business Park is now the working place of choice for many large companies and home to a bike shop, café and fitness centre.
We offer a flexible, modern working environment, and a first rate remuneration package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th January 2019.